Indian head massage has been practiced in India for over 3000 years. Massage in India is a family tradition promoting relaxation and healing. Babies are massaged daily from birth to 3years of age to increase family bonding. From an early age children begin to learn these massage techniques by observation and receiving and then encouraged return massages to other members of the family, siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. The massage is passed through the generations, developed to help individual needs and is unique to each family.
A weekly massage is recommended to promote general good health and well being, clear skin and beautiful hair.
The benefits of Indian Head Massage:
• Targets the areas that we tend to hold the most tension – we tend to carry a lot of tension in our shoulders, jaw, neck and head causing tension headaches, migraine, sinus problems and neck, shoulder and back pain.
• Relaxation – massage provides one of the best ways to relax, release tension and help ease muscular pain and stiffness.
• Increase circulation – blood and lymph circulation is increased which helps waste elimination.
• Can stimulate hair growth.
• Increase desquamation – skin exfoliation and renewal and helps to unblock sweat and sebaceous pores
• There is no need to disrobe and the use of oils is optional.
• Reduce eye stress.
Massage treatments need to incorporate as many of the senses and possible:
• Touch – massage
• Hearing – Music
• Smell – oils
• Sight – relaxing clean room, with dim light and devoid of distractions
• Taste – give your client a refreshing drink either before or after treatment that is caffeine free for example lemon water.