In some cultures this is true and the whole family take part in the daily routine of massaging each other, this brings the family network closer and creates a sense of well being to each member of the family. Not only does the recipient benefit, but so too does the giver of the massage as this is a time to stop and enjoy an activity together. This is something we lack in our culture and in today’s world.
When was the last time you stopped, I don’t just mean stopped at the red traffic light, or stopped to drink a cup of coffee or stopped to visit the toilet – you have to do all these things! I mean actually stopped, stopped dashing from one job to another and just stopped thinking about the endless list of jobs and tasks you have to fit in before you are so tired you are unable to see straight…
Maybe it’s time you did stop, and just take a moment. Put a little perspective on the things around you. Say “no” every now and again and treat yourself to a little me time. The ache across your shoulders and lower back, that headache and neck ache and sore feet aren’t going to go away by themselves.
Here at Butterfly-Supplies we have put together our favourite Top Ten Benefits of Massage:
Massage will help to:
- Promote the feel good factor; receiving a ‘touch therapy’ such as massage gives a feeling of being cared for. This is very comforting and heeling.
- Improve posture by relieving muscle tightness in the core muscles and reduce muscular pain and tension.
- Reduce depression and anxiety due to the release of endorphins during massage. This is turn will improve the mood and help coping mechanisms.
- Reduce stress.
- Reduce headaches and migraine attacks or lower the severity.
- Increase circulation. This will help fight fatigue because of the increase of blood and nutrients to the vital organs including the brain and help improve your sleep pattern.
- Promote tissue regeneration due to the increase in circulation.
- Help with joint flexibility and discomfort.
- Massage will have an accumulative effect, the more regular you are able to have a massage the better you will feel!
- All of these positive effects will also help to boost your immune system. The result? A healthier you!
So what are you waiting for?