We all know that exercise is good for you and there is an endless list of health benefits associated to taking regular exercise. The NHS web site (www.nhs.uk/livingwell/fitness) states ‘Exercise is the miracle cure we’ve always had, but for too long we’ve neglected to take our recommended dose. Our health is now suffering as a consequence.’ And ‘To stay healthy, adults should try to be active daily and aim to achieve at least 150 minutes of physical activity over a week through a variety of activities.’
That’s just 30mins a day 5 days a week!
Here at butterfly-supplies we have put together our favourite top 8 health benefits….
- Weight control – taking regular exercise helps with weight control and weight loss as part of a controlled diet.
- Clearer Thinking – when we exercise we increase our circulation this takes oxygen to all the cells in the body including the brain stimulating and helping clearer thoughts.
- Improved posture – Core muscles are strengthened aiding a better posture this will help us to stop slouching.
- Confidence – The fitter we become the better we feel about ourselves, resulting in a more confident you!
- Feel good factor – Endorphins are released during exercise, these give the ‘feel good factor’ enabling us to de-stress and can help with a range of conditions like depression.
- A better night’s sleep – but don’t exercise just before going to bed as this will invigorate not relax you.
- Gives an energy boost – when we spend energy we create energy too. A short morning workout will help you to feel invigorated throughout the day
- Increase your life expectancy – exercise is good for you laziness is not. After taking on board all of the above it is possible that regular exercise will increase your life expectancy as it helps control circulatory problems (always consult a doctor before changing your exercise routine).